Friday 4 October 2013

Marvel Teases "Hunted" "Wrath" "Overdrive" "Trust" "Defend" "Frenemies" "War" "Descent" and "Extinction" as Part of All-New Marvel NOW!

Marvel released yet another three teasers on Wednesday for their All-New Marvel NOW! with another project written by Nathan Edmondson teased as "Hunted" featuring artwork from Mitch Gerads, a project written and drawn by Richard Isanove teased as "Wrath" and a project written by Felipe Smith teased as "Overdrive" featuring artwork from Tradd Moore. On top of this Marvel released another five teasers for their All-New Marvel NOW! today, with a project written by Al Ewing teased as "Trust" featuring artwork from Lee Garbett, two projects written by Ales Kot, the first of which Comic Book Resources got an exclusive on teased as "Defend" featuring artwork from Garry Brown, and the other being teased as "Frenemies" featuring artwork from Michael Walsh, a project Newsarama got an exclusive on written by Chris Yost teased as "War" featuring artwork from Marcus To, and another project that Comic Book Resources got an exclusive on written by Dennis Hopeless teased as "Descent" featuring artwork from Kev Walker. Also like the previous teasers full details won't be released until the New York Comic Con.





My Thoughts


Now some of these I have found rather simple possibilities for, and others are a bit trickier. "Hunted" initially makes me think of Kraven the Hunter, and with this being revealed at the Superior Spider-Man panel I'd assume that this has something to do with him. "Wrath" initially had me thinking of Ghost Rider, but after noticing that it will reveal more details at the Amazing X-Men panel it probably isn't. This however now has me thinking that it's a new Savage Wolverine arc, as that has been having a lot of story arcs where the writer is also the artist. "Overdrive" actually has me quite stumped as the only possibly thing I can think of is yet again a new Ghost Rider series. The yellow and green lettering of "Trust" makes me think of the Heroes For Hire and Luke Cage so I personally think that this will be the revelation of a new Mighty Avengers story arc. Yet again the colour scheme of "Defend" kind of drops the biggest hint making me think of Iron Patriot, and along with the fact that Kot is becoming writer for Secret Avengers it makes me think that this is a new story arc for that series, though the fact that it's not being revealed at the Avengers panel makes me think that it may be a new Iron Patriot series instead. A new Secret Avengers arc may however be what "Frenemies" is teasing at, as with it being revealed at the Avengers panel it makes more sense. "War" again could be anything, though with Yost as writer and the fact that it's going to be revealed at the Superior Spider-Man panel it narrows it down a bit. I personally think that it'll be a new story arc for Superior Spider-Man Team-Up. Finally I think that  "Descent" will be a new arc for Avengers Arena, as although I originally thought it may be a new Uncanny X-Force arc, the fact that it's being revealed at the Avengers panel makes me think otherwise.

Update


Since I posted this Marvel has released yet another teaser, which Newsarama again got an exclusive on, being teased as "Extinction" written by Sam Humphries with artwork from Andre Arujo and once again full details won't be released until the New York Comic Con. 


My Thoughts


With this being revealed at the Avengers panel of the New York Comic Con it would make sense that this is another arc for the Avengers A.I. series. The name however would suggest that something bad will happen for one or all of the characters involved.

Thanks for taking the time to view this article and please leave any comments, as well as your thoughts on these teasers bellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment